How to Apply
5 Easy Steps
For GRCC Degree or Certificate-Seeking Students:
GRCC is an open-door institution. This means anyone can get access to a high quality education that will set them up for a great career, or get them ready to transfer to a four-year college or university.
Get started at: grcc.edu/apply
Transcript and SAT scores should be submitted to the GRCC Enrollment Center:
Mail: GRCC Admission
143 Bostwick NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
You may need to complete the GRCC placement test based on your high school transcript and SAT scores. Don’t worry! It’s not a pass or fail test. GRCC will simply use the results to help you decide which courses to take first.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required to be eligible for the Promise Zone Scholarship. We realize not everyone can file a FAFSA. If you have concerns about filing a FAFSA or you are unable to complete a FAFSA, please contact the Promise Zone Director via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (616) 234-4321.
Don’t be concerned if you get selected for FAFSA verification. Turn in the additional documents requested right away, before the semester starts.
Get started at fafsa.gov
During orientation you will meet with an academic advisor and register for classes.
Register at grcc.edu/NewStudent
Congratulations and welcome to the GRCC family!
We are excited to have you join our campus community.
Before You Apply:
- Consult with a representative at your four-year institution regarding your intention to dual enroll at both GRCC and the four-year institution.
- Ask an academic advisor at your four-year institution what GRCC courses they would recommend that you take.
- Visit GRCC's ClassFinder to see if the GRCC course you'd like to take is offered in the semester you'd like to take it.
- Browse our Course Catalog to make sure you have met the class prerequisites.
After you Apply:
- Check your email for a welcome letter from GRCC. The welcome letter will contain your GRCC student ID number which you will need to create your MyGRCC account.
- Once you have created your MyGRCC Account, you are ready to enroll in your courses.