As an open access institution, GRCC provides learning opportunities to students at all levels of preparation. Our developmental programs help students become college-ready and our Honors Program challenges and motivates high achieving students to even greater success.
Grand Rapids Community College has over 130 programs of study, including transfer pathways developed to launch your education in the areas of biology, business, chemistry, criminal justice, culinary arts, health sciences, social and behavioral sciences, mathematics, English, the arts, humanities and more.
GRCC Stands For Opportunity
- GRCC offers 39 workforce associate degrees and 37 certificate programs including non-credit training which are designed to give you the necessary skills to immediately go to work.
- GRCC faculty and staff are committed to helping students succeed inside and outside the classroom. Student support services include academic and career counseling, occupational and disability support and tutoring.
- Classes are offered in flexible formats, including weekday, weekend, evening, online and hybrid and accelerated courses.
- GRCC has an average class size of under 23 students, giving students access to nationally and internationally renowned faculty members
- The Michigan Transfer Agreement allows students to easily transfer credits and continue their education at 45 Michigan four-year colleges and universities.
- GRCC ranks in the top 35% of community colleges in the United States.
Your Path to GRCC is a Path to Anywhere You Can Imagine
Whether you plan to go to college or join the workforce after high school, the Promise Zone has you covered. GRCC’s job training and traditional degree programs offer something for everyone—for free.
...and many more!
Job Training Certificate Programs
GRCC’s job training certificate programs can change your life and put you on the path to a rewarding career in the skilled trades in a relatively short amount of time.
Hear From Our Students
- Mykel JohnsonConsectetur Tristique Elit
“The Promise Zone made my job training program free for me. This was great because it took the stress off my family and now I have completed the program and have started a career in the field of my choice. Really, it couldn’t have worked out better!”Abbie BronsonConsectetur Tristique Elit
“I chose the Promise Zone to benefit my future and to take advantage of all the opportunities GRCC offers. The associates degree program has influenced me in such a positive way. It has prepared me to be a successful person in and out of the classroom”
- Que’Anna JacksonConsectetur Tristique Elit
“The Promise Zone has created a stress free foundation for me at GRCC. I have been given the opportunity to explore different pathways and career options.”Alberto MaldonadoConsectetur Tristique Elit
“I’m really happy to have chosen GRCC. They have great courses and a great staff. The Promise Zone has been extremely helpful because I don’t pay or worry one bit. If you have the opportunity to take advantage of the Promise Zone scholarship, do it immediately!”Da’shanae McKinneyConsectetur Tristique Elit
“The Promise Zone has helped me a lot! Coming out of high school, I was worried financially but the Promise Zone help me pay for school, books and all the extra school supplies.”
- Gulaine BasengeziConsectetur Tristique Elit
“I chose the Promise Zone because it was the best opportunity for me and I am grateful because it is helping me achieve my goals. I tell my friends that they should take advantage of the Promise Zone Scholarship too. It’s the best! I am very thankful.”Julienne WilondjaConsectetur Tristique Elit
“Starting college at GRCC was the best choice for me! English is not my first language and there is a really good program that supports me in my academics. They are helping me prepare for all my academics and for my career.”
Use the form below to request more information:
"*" indicates required fields