We are excited to announce the Grand Rapids Promise Zone Scholarship – starting in 2020!
The Grand Rapids Promise Zone Scholarship will ensure all eligible students who live within the city of Grand Rapids and graduate from one of the 24 public, public charter, or private high schools located within the city limits of Grand Rapids will have free access to Grand Rapids Community College’s Associate’s Degree programs or their job training and certification programs – starting with the graduating class of 2020!
Now let's find out if you're eligible?
Five Easy Steps to Access the Scholarship.
If you still have questions, schedule a time to talk with an advisor at GRCC about the Promise Zone Scholarship!
Ask three questions...
If you answered yes to all three questions, you are eligible!
How much are you eligible for?
|Start School and start living in the City of Grand Rapids||Scholarship Amount|
|Before 10th Grade||100%|
|Before 11th Grade||50%|
Which High Schools are included in the Grand Rapids Promise Zone?
You must be both a resident of Grand Rapids, Michigan and graduate from one of these high schools below since 10th grade to be eligible for the full Grand Rapids Promise Zone scholarship.
- Grand Rapids Public School District
- C.A. Frost Environmental Science Academy
- Grand Rapids City High School
- Grand Rapids Learning Center
- Grand Rapids Montessori High School
- Grand Rapids Public Museum School
- Grand Rapids University Prep
- Innovation Central High School
- Ottawa Hills High School
- Southeast Career Pathways
- Southwest Community Campus High School (Opens 2020-2021)
- Union High School
- Grand Rapids Adventist Academy
- Grand Rapids Catholic Central High School
- Grand Rapids Christian High School
- Grand Rapids Covenant House Academy
- Hope Academy of West Michigan
- Lake Michigan Academy
- NorthPointe Christian High School
- NexTech High School
- Plymouth Christian High School
- Sacred Heart Academy High School
- Wellspring Preparatory High School
- West Catholic High School
- West Michigan Aviation Academy
(If you moved to Grand Rapids or started attending one of these schools in 11th grade, you can still get 50% of the scholarship)